Who are we?
Granite Education Foundation is recognized as one of the nation’s foremost education foundations in one of America’s largest school districts. Since 1988, the foundation has served students and teachers in the Granite School District by facilitating education programs and providing basic needs such as food, clothing, school supplies and much more. In a school district with 65% of children living at or below the poverty level and 70% of Utah’s refugees living within its borders, Granite Education Foundation works tirelessly with individuals, community leaders and businesses to provide opportunities for all students and support for the district’s dedicated educators.
We have a fast-paced office culture where you can go from a board meeting one minute to unloading a truck full of food donations the next. This is an organization where you go home each day and know exactly how you were able to make a difference.
This position will provide support for the programs coordinator including, but not limited to, food pantry support, in-kind donation coordination and holiday assistance programs. However, you may also be as involved in other areas of the Foundation’s work.
Primary role will be to aid in the food pantries in Granite School District.
- Facilitate transportation of donations to pantries
- Purchase items for pantries with foundation funds
- Deliveries, pickups, and organization of warehouse
- Support for Souper Bowl of Caring Program
- Pantry coordinator substitute as needed
- Data entry related to food pantry support
- Other duties as assigned (Student aid, social worker support, etc.)
Experience & Requirements
- Understanding and experience working with the public
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must keep student information confidential
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must provide proof of valid driver’s license & current vehicle insurance
- Must be able to lift 50-75 pounds
- Proficient in typing
Hours: The hours per week are negotiable, however, there is a minimum commitment of 15 hours per week, not to exceed 20 hours per week, required. If hired, a regular time commitment and schedule would be preferred. The initial creation of that schedule will largely be up to the employee and programs coordinator. The position will be anytime during the business hours of Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm.
Location: 2500 State St. Salt Lake City, UT 84115. You will also be traveling to schools in the Granite School District.