Since Granite Education Foundation’s inception in 1988, educator recognition and support has been a key priority. The Excel Awards are a prestigious honor given to the top ten educators of Granite School District and has been sponsored by Granite Education Foundation since the beginning. Students, administrators, parents, and colleagues nominate educators that exemplify the values of Granite School District. These individuals are then put through a rigorous review and observation process by experienced education specialists who ultimately identify ten teachers and administrators from all over the district.
We are so proud to announce this year's winners, and we encourage you to check back often (or follow us on social media) for more information as this year's festivities take shape.
- Rebecca B. Monson, Administrator—Thomas W. Bacchus Elementary
- Albert Ferrarons Font—West Lake Junior High
- Jennette Fordham—Woodstock Elementary
- Jennifer Bond-Foulke—William Penn Elementary
- Tayler T. Khater—Skyline High
- Michael C. Kraniski—Olympus High
- Samuel K. Noyce—Thomas Jefferson Junior High
- Cynthia Pearson—Howard R. Driggs Elementary
- Amy M. Roper—Bennion Elementary
- Rachel Sorensen—West Valley Elementary
Watch Last Year's Virtual Event - The 2019-2020 Excel Awards
Typically, winners are honored at a gala event in the spring. But with the unique challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic, this year's event was postponed, and now looks a little different.
With that in mind, we are proud to present the 2019-2020 Excel Awards in this completely virtual program. Please feel free to share this video with your friends, family, and on your own social media channels. Enjoy!